Rodas Auto Repair: Buy Brake Pads
At Rodas Auto Repair we understand that different types of brake pads offer unique advantages for Menifee drivers. All brake pads used to be made from asbestos because of its heat-absorbing properties. In time, brake pad manufacturers realized asbestos wasn't environmentally friendly. The automotive industry switched to organic, ceramic and metallic brake pads. Come by our store at 27826 CA-74 or call today at 951-653-5367 and let an auto parts specialist at Rodas Auto Repair help you determine which brake pads are right for your driving style.
Organic Brake Pads
Organic brake pads are made of a mixture of synthetic fibers and resin. They can be found on two-thirds of new vehicles sold within the United States
- Produce less dust than some other types of brake pads
- Affordable, low price point
- Generate a moderate amount of friction and less noise
- Low stress on the brake rotors
- Less reliable in extreme weather or with aggressive driving
Ceramic Brake Pads
Ceramic brake pads use a ceramic material very similar to the type of ceramics used to make pottery. Ceramic brake pads are embedded with fine copper fibers that conduct heat and reduce friction. Developed in the 1980s, ceramic brake pads are increasingly found on new vehicles.
- Ceramic brake pads are extremely quiet
- Produce less dust and other particles
- Perform under a wide range of temperatures and driving conditions
- More expensive than organic or metallic brake pads
- Not recommended for very cold climates or racing
Metallic Brake Pads
Metallic brake pads are a mixture of 30% and 70% metal combined with a graphite lubricant and other binders. This compound is preferred by high-performance car and truck owners because they offer improved sensitivity under a wider range of temperatures and conditions.
- Withstand more heat while simultaneously helping braking systems cool
- Don't compress as much as organic brakes
- Produce more noise than organic or ceramic brake pads
- Moderately priced
- Produce more brake dust than ceramic or organic brake pads
Honest, reliable auto repair shop. Very knowledgeable and they explain everything in layman's terms. They speak English and Spanish. They've been fixing my vehicles for years, and I've never had a problem. Vehicles are always fixed right the first time. Highly recommend this place.
$36.75 Cash Only - Coming Soon!
Plus State certified VID/DMV charge $8.75. Year 2000 or newer, hybrid & diesel only. Non-Star Station. With this coupon.